Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2016

The Importance of the Teacher Narrative

I want to capture the true teacher narrative.  My end goal is to have a series of stories that depict what it is truly like to be a teacher.  I will tell the stories of the celebrations, the complications, and the confusions that I face every day.  And how I wake up to do it all over again because I love the students.  

Often times, the public has a misconception of that the teacher's life is really like.  They see having summers off, school ending at 3:10pm, and playing with kids all day.  They have no concept of what really goes on behind the scenes.  Teachers are often not seen as professionals.

The writings will be a series of vignettes, small snippets and insights into the world of teaching.  Some will be about students.  Some will be about lesson planning.  Some will be about the external pressures from outside my classroom walls.  All will provide an honest perspective of the challenging and rewarding career I look forward to everyday. 


1 comment:

  1. I love this idea, Mrs. Smith! I can't wait to start following your progress!

    ReplyDelete